|Home||Membership||APSE-MO Board||Professional Development||Links||National News||2017 Summit|
APSE-MO is the Missouri State Chapter of APSE, a national organization committed to improving and expanding integrated employment opportunities, services and outcomes for people with disabilities. APSE-MO invites individuals with disabilities, their families, employment providers, funders, employers and others to join us in making inclusive employment a reality for ALL people with disabilities. When you join National APSE, you automatically become a member of your state chapter.
Here are the Top Ten Reasons you should consider becoming an APSE member:
1. High quality, reasonably priced professional training
Members receive reduced registration at the annual Employment Summit conference in August and Professional Development Day in the spring.
2. Access to the national perspective on what’s happening in employment for people with disabilities
Members receive frequent updates about legislation and national trends, in addition to advocacy in the nation’s capitol regarding issues that impact people with disabilities.
3. Gain information on best practices in employment services in Missouri
Conferences include sessions featuring Missouri professionals and the latest approaches, in addition to Employment University, foundational sessions for individuals new to the field of employment services.
4. Networking with peers in the field and other employment professionals
You will meet employment professionals from all parts of the state at our events, offering an opportunity to share ideas and program models.
5. Opportunities to be “in the know” about who is doing what in Missouri with employment
Regular member spotlights highlight an APSE-MO member, allowing members to connect informally throughout the year. In 2013, APSE-MO will also launch online “ask the expert” forums to inform and connect members across the state.
6. Socialize – relax, have fun and re-energize
The annual Employment Summit conference includes time for members to unwind with activities like scavenger hunts and “minute to win it” contests.
7. Publications, newsletters and other resources in the field
Members receive three high quality publications filled with practical information and research on strategies to increase employment opportunities. They include:
· Job Training and Placement Report
· Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation
· Advance, the APSE newsletter
8. Make an impact by serving on the advocacy, membership or professional development committee
Working committees develop and deliver professional development sessions, enhance member benefits and address the issues that build the empowerment and inclusion of individuals with disabilities.
9. Opportunities for adults and youth to engage in self advocacy
Develop beneficial relationships and skills that lead to success in employment settings.
10. Resources for employers and area businesses.
Connect with employment service organizations that can help your company conduct outreach to qualified candidates with disabilities.
When you join National APSE, you automatically become a member of the state chapter.